In other words, for most of 2011:
• My Internet was still not functioning properly though it seems to be working fine now – except for the person who has hacked into my wireless router making writing a VERY SLOW PROCESS (if I knew how to make my router invisible or prevent him or her from using it I would, but I don't).
• My computer had been broken for all of 2011 and is still broken – AND my laptop broke (finally got that fixed);
* I had to replace broken bathroom and kitchen fixtures;
• I failed to meet my own expectations for writing my blogs;
• I still have trouble remembering things;
• My refrigerator finally started working well (after $$$$ repairs YAY!);
• I had to purchase a new vacuum cleaner (more $$$$);
• I had to buy a new (well 2002) car (LOTS of $$$$);
• I had to replace my leaky ceilings (LOTS more $$$$);
• I hoped to get the area under my kitchen sink repaired, but it's still broken.
So all in all, I seem to be pretty much in the same place I was when I wrote The Clone Blog.
However, my hair is growing – I now resemble a combination of Einstein and Bozo on acid – and I'm 42 months closer to ending my daily dose of chemo meds. The asthma meds will continue through to the end of my life, and despite the continued slap from the Universe knocking me down every time I try to stand up, I still hold out hope that ONE DAY, SOME DAY I will succeed in breaking through the invisible barrier that prevents me from making enough money to LIVE.
So – my New Year's Resolution is to sell a screenplay or come up with a fabulous idea that will pay me LOTS of money, have at least one of my blogs go viral, republish a book I wrote years ago, and travel to England, to Hawaii, and to Alaska. However, it's completely out of my control so I'm also praying for Divine Intervention!
And I WILL BE OPTIMISTIC!
Happy New Year, everybody! May you all be blessed with happiness, joy, and love!
If you would like to read other blogs by this author, I invite you to click on any of the following links.
Thank you for visiting!